MASSAMAN CURRY WITH BEEF AND POTATOES
PREP TIME: 10 MIN
COOK TIME: 3 HOUR
TOTAL TIME: 3 H & 10 M
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 pouch Curry Love Massaman Curry Paste 2.8 oz
- 1 can of Coconut Milk
- 2 to 3 cups of Beef Stock
- 1 to 1½ pounds of beef chuck (shoulder cut), cut into cubes about 1 inch thick
- Salt & Pepper
- 8 small potatoes, peeled, washed, cut in half
- 10 shallots, peeled, left whole or cut in half
- ½ cup roasted peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pot until hot.
- Add beef. Season with S&P. Cook, stirring frequently, until evenly browned.
- The beef will release its juices, just keep cooking on high heat until the juices are evaporated and the meat starts sizzling and browning.
- Turn down the heat, add the curry paste and the shallots to the pot and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the beef stock.
- Put the lid on the pot, put it in the oven and braise, stirring occasionally for 2 to 3 hours, or until the meat is fall apart tender.
- Add the potatoes about 45 minutes before the beef is done, put back in the oven.
- For the last 20 minutes of cooking add the coconut milk.
- Sprinkle with Peanuts. Serve with steamed jasmine rice and Naan.