BRAISED PORK VINDALOO WITH PEPPERS & SPINACH
Prep Time: 4 H & 15 M
Cook Time: 20 Min
Total Time: 4 H & 35 M
Replace the pork with mushrooms if you prefer
Yes, the pork takes a while, but it will be worth it!
- 1 Pouch Vindaloo Curry Paste
- 1 x 14 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 medium red onion, peeled & sliced thinly
- 16 oz braised pork butt torn into pieces. (to do that, trim most of the fat of a 3 to 4 lbs pork shoulder, cut into roughly 4 inch pieces, season with S&P, place in dutch oven, add 1/4 cup of soy sauce, 2 TPSP of Coconut Sugar and 1/2 cup of water, cover and braise in a 325F oven for 3 to 4 hours until fork tender). Leftover pork shoulder can be used for Sandwiches, Pasta dishes or shredded for some delicious Burritos!
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- 1 Bell Pepper, sliced
- 2 or 3 handful of baby spinach
- Fried red onion slices and cilantro for garnish
- Heat the Coconut Oil in a heavy skillet, I prefer Cast Iron.
- Add the Bell Pepper, and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Add the sliced onion and stir fry some more.
- Add the Curry Paste, the stock and the Tomatoes. Season with S&P. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add the Pork and Spinach, and simmer until everything is hot.
- Serve with Golden roasted Potatoes, Rice or some crusty Bread.